What you will learn and practice in a Shanti Yoga class
You will learn to enjoy peace of mind, health, longevity and tranquility as you enjoy the gentle but complete yoga breath and movements in a total exercise program. Each class is a well balanced, time efficient workout, suitable for all ages, regardless of present fitness and includes:
- Yoga postures
- Stretching exercises
- Body toning exercises
- Joint lubricating exercises
- Posture and balance
- Corrective breathing
- Energy flow
- Concentration, meditation and relaxation techniques
- Life philosophy and peace of mind training
Shanti Yoga purifies the body, remove diseases and keep the body fresh and fit. By regularly practicing Shanti Yoga we evolve consciously and become spiritually better. Now is the time to harness the wisdom of Shanti Yoga, with its infinite treasure trove of healing tools for body, mind and soul.
- Introductory: A complete beginners guide to Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda.
- Primary Series: a gentle, basic program
- Wellbeing Series
- Healthy Back series
- Core integration
- Intermediate series: Hatha Yoga and Shanti Yoga Vinyasa
- Back bends and spinal twists
- Partner yoga stretching
- Remedial, restorative yoga, (yielding, stillness and receptivity - asana practised on the floor, either lying down or sitting). Students are helped according to their needs.
- Understanding the mind
- The Yoga Sutras: Yoga philosophy
- Pregnancy Yoga
- Children's Yoga
- Tweens and Teens
- Healthy Ageing
- Sanskrit: Learn to read and write Sanskrit; traditional mantras, slogans and devotional chants
- Yoga and Life Education. Certificate IV
- Yoga Teaching and Life Skills. Diploma
- Yoga teaching and Leadership. Advanced Diploma
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.