Retail associate $199
Full Teacher/Supporter $ 99
Associate and friend $ 55
2. Full membership to SYTA is in two categories:
Accredited teaching members who have undergone Shanti Yoga training upto at least the Diploma in Yoga teaching level.
Essential staff and non-teaching supporters of Shanti Yoga who have undergone The Meditation Institute Shanti Yoga training (pre accreditation).
3. Associates are professionals who have trained in other yogic or sister disciplines and want to be affiliated with SYTA.
Friends are students and friends of SYTA benefactors, full members and associates.
- Membership is renewed on the 1st of September each year.
- Yearly renewal of membership is evaluated and subject to a review prior to the end of expiry date and renewal will be granted upon the satisfactory operation within the bounds of Shanti Yoga guidelines in both teaching and behavioural ethics.
- Renewal needs to be accompanied with currency in CPD and in first aid.
- Membership in a professional association is necessary for Yoga Teaching insurance.
- SYTA International reserves the right to discontinue certification for members at the discretion of the principal.
- a set of shared principles and agreements
- attainment of specific enterprise competencies and standards
- achievement of community priorities
- the continuing development of training to keep upgrading the profession
- an important source of advice, support and guidance.
Outlined is a summary of what students of Yoga Teacher Training need to understand:
• Shanti Yoga copyright exists on all texts, notes and handouts. You are most welcome to teach the mateiral, but please spread the context of its source.
• 15 km distance
• Professional interactions re. non-fraternisation (birds and bees) with Shanti Yoga students and your own future students.
• The teacher/trainee appropriateness in dress, behaviour and language whilst in attendance to all related Shanti Yoga/Health Institute classes and functions
• Teach only within your scope (as described in Shanti Yoga notes). Failure to do so results in expulsion from SYTA and Health Institute Australia.
1. Information. Be kept up todate with information, news and developments about your field and profession.
2. Professional Development. Access to professional development resources and training.
3. Networking. Network with others in your field and be connected with like-minded professionals and the industry.
4. Credibility. Gain credibility, nationally and internationally.
5. Professional Commitment. Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
6. Recognition. Recognition and accreditation available for members that hold relevant qualifications.
7. Be associated with a strong Code of Ethics – Professional Practice!
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.