Spare just 10 days. Experience an uplifting adventure. Transform your life
31 Dec 2017 - 7 January 2018
29 March - 8 April 2018
6-15 July 2018
21 - 30 Sept 2018
Have you had an intense year?
Do you need a major personal and holistic revolution and restoration?
You are not alone.
Many people feel exactly like you.
Spare just 10 days in the peaceful, healing, restorative surroundings of nature.
Enjoy a wholesome, spiritual cleanse.
Get in touch with your sacred inner self.
This program isn't your typical cleanse
to an improbable and unrealistic form of you.
You will nurture your being
and create positive changes
in your mind and body, your life and career.
Be immersed in a positive environment
where you can heal, balance, detox, purify, nourish, rejuvenate and transform.
This is supplemented by healthy living guidance, delicious Ayurvedic, healthy meals,
various positive and wholesome activities,
such as organic gardening, nature walks,
yoga, spiritual programs, mandala art and many others,
amidst 70 acres of one of the most natural and clean environments in the world.
Profound Healing. Sustainable Wellbeing
Transform into the new paradigm
Clean air and pure water are no longer the norm, and living in a modern world of manmade chemicals, toxions and pollutants, our environment has changed faster than we can evolve with it. Environmental toxins have become a major health threat. These toxins, lodged in cells, tissues and organs are linked with many of today's chronic diseases, such as ADHA, alzheimers, asthma, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, parkinson's thyroid disease… Which is why purging your body of pollutants is more important today than ever.
Ayurveda is the healing system that has been used in India for over 5,000 years. It is known as the 'mother of all cures' from which have emerged many systems of health care.
The basic principle of Ayurveda is that each person has an individual mind-body constitition, known as Prakruti, which arises from the combination of their unique mix of bio-markers, or doshas. Each individual is unique and needs to follow dietary routines, physical exercises (yoga), detoxification and rejuvenation treatments that are specific to their body and lifestyle for exceptional wellbeing. At Nirvana Detox Retreats, we highly respect your unique individuality.
Detoxification is a natural body process that is compromised when the mind-body system becomes overloaded.
Cleansing is not about magic pills, sitting on the toilet for days or starving yourself. Medicine, elimination and diet must work together with education to safely eliminate the toxins we all have stored in our body’s tissues and memories. To be effective and sustainable, detoxification according to Ayurveda needs to address your unique mind-body type (prakruti
) and your imbalances (vikruti
Nirvana Detox Retreats are highly specialised, customised, and tailored in-house, according to your current state of health and constitution, to enable you achieve the most benefits from the program. It is the starting point to pro-actively manage and improve your health and wellness. Personal attention is given to each participant's specific needs. Ayurveda at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary is practiced in both its original form, together with contemporary practices and treatments that have been highly successful with both minor and chronic ailments.
The purification of the five elements within the human system – earth, water, fire, air and space - stabilises body and mind and is particularly beneficial for those suffering from physical ailments, a weak constitution, psychological instabilities, disturbed sleep and a constant sense of doubt and fear. If these limiting forces can be dispelled from the mind, one can live life to one's full potential. It is also supportive for the fulfilment of one's ambitions.
If you've tried juicing for weight loss, the 24hr detox, 3-day detox, 5-day detox or even the 7-day detox diets you may not have given your body enough time to cleanse, detoxify and rejuvenate the bodies tissues. Nirvana's 10-day, fully supervised, residential detox retreat is the only mind-body program that combines western and eastern healing modalities, designed to remove your physical and emotional roadblocks. It is totally unique, absolutely transformative, with proven results that actually work.
This is the best detox cleanse you will ever come across. It’s based on solid nutritional and behavioural sciences, about whole foods, changing habits, moderation, understanding yourself and being a better you! You will be glad you did, because it is not about a quick fix. It’s about building health and wellbeing for the rest of your life. You will feel your stress and tension melt away as our team helps you restore your balance and address your personal health and life concerns.
Join Nirvana's outstanding program to explore the truth behind the illusions, and experience an integrated approach to rejuvenating the body, mind and spirit. We can help you start s positive and energetic lifestyle by de-stressing and de-toxing through customised Ayurvedic and yoga therapy. Nirvana Wellness Retreat is a physically, spiritually and mentally rejuvenating and regenerating experience, which will return you healthy and totally renewed. The detoxification program needs a minimum stay of 10 days.
Health is not just skin deep. Outer radiance and beauty come from within. When an individual finds true equilibrium between their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual self, their persona radiates with wholesome beauty and allure. To further enhance your benefits of detoxification, we use highly specialised oils and treatments unique to your mind-body type and specific to your imbalance. Herbs, decoctions, oils, teas, dietary additions and other detox medicine supplies are used in the program. We also provide you with pure, natural herbal cleansing supplies to use during your stay. These can all be taken home with you at the end of the program.
To make wise choices in life, you need to get in touch with your essence. This is best achieved during your moments of stillness, silence and solitude, which most people are afraid of. However, in silence we grow, in stillness we heal. Your soul is nourished through authenticity. In the silence you hear the voice of Truth and know your solutions. The answer lies within you, always, and your heart will show you the way.
- Upon confirmed booking, you will receive Pre-detox suggestions.
- Upon arrival, you will receive During detox guidelines,
- During your stay, you will have an Ayurvedic consultation, and a shorter follow up feedback consultation, so that before leaving, you will receive Post detox recommendations. Your post detox longevity program, known as rasayana, will recommend herbal longevity tonics and supplies for to be taken home to continue to build strong, healthy tissue.
We very much look forward to working with you, towards your goals for your best health.
What will I learn at an Ayurvedic detox retreat?
- You will learn about the connections between you and nature, your constitution at birth (prakruti), current state of health (vikruti), the three keys to mastering health for you (doshas), and about a disturbance in the force (ama) and detect physical body ama on your tongue and how it impacts your health
- Overview of the science of life and longevity, and how the mind-body medicine of Ayurveda can heal disease, alleviate stress and manage addictions
- Learn about what Ojas is, and its role in perfect health and how to create health and harmony with healthy choices pertaining to eating, nourishment and lifestyle appropriate to you, so that you feel energised, ready to go, and to keep going.
- Fun and food and perfect digestion. Embark upon a journey to cook delicious, healthy, nourishing meals.
- Live, Laugh, Love and Last a Lifetime - long term strategies and self care for healthier mind-body management
- Participate in the detox of different tissues in the body, such as liver, gallbladder, bowels, kidneys, lungs, heart and mind, skin though the delicious and satisfying food you eat, herbal medicine teas and Ayurvedic medicines (not so pleasant tasting).
- Be well informed what your body may need in relation to supplements and herbs etc. to support your health and wellness.
- Revitalise your life. Discover the connection between energy and happiness
- Emotional enlightenment. Simple practices for stress release, emotional flow and deep peace.
A Typical Day could look like
7:00 am First gong of the day. Rise and shine.
7:15 am Second gong of the morning.
7:30am Yoga stretch and tone
8:15am Nirvana Breakfast
9:30am Ayurveda in the kitchen
11am Ayurveda in the garden: Touch the Earth
12.30pm Delicious Ayurvedic plant-based lunch, the main meal of the day
- meals that cleanse a different tissue or organ system every day
2:45pm Restorative Yoga Nidra. Inward time for self healing and deep relaxation.
4-6pm Free time. Optional Treatments.
6 pm Yoga practies with Shantiji
Meditation, or Pranayama or Gentle Shanti Yoga long stretching or chanting
7pm Evening meal. A light and fresh soup made with veggies from our garden.
7:45pm Ayurvedic medicines to help purify and cleanse
8pm Movies that inspire.
Living Ayurveda Lectures:
1. AYURVEDA, THE ART OF BEING AND FOUNDATIONS OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE
Introduction to Ayurveda, the Science of Life, it's history, philosophy, anatomy and physiology:
- Foundations of Ayurvedic Medicine.
- Ayurvedic principles of the fundamental structure of the human system: mind-body and consciousness
- Effects of the three primal qulities (gunas) on the mind-body
- Effects of the elements (maha panchabhutas) on the mind-body
- Principles of constitution (Prakrti) and imbalances (Vikurti) expressed in the mind-body
2 KNOW YOUR BODY
The Vedic teachings provide deep wisdom, richness of understanding and indepth knowledge about the human body. These arise from and include the understanding of Cosmology, History, Philosophy, The five element theory in which the physical, mental and energetic are intertwined, as doshas, gunas, vayus.
3 PRINCIPLES OF AYURVEDIC DIGESTIVE HEALTH
We will look at Digestive Health and nutrition in accord with the wisdom teachings from the Vedas.
Digestion is the vital, central point around which health revolves. Often when we are stressed, it is the gut which is affected first. And the reverse is true too - a disturbed digestive system can cause you to feel anxious and stressed. The feelings of anxiety and restlessness could be because of a vata imbalance to which irregular digestive fire may contribute as a major cause. A lack of energy as well as weight gain are also outcomes of improper digestioon. Digestions affests ageing. It influences your mental health and performance and afffects your bones. Thus maintaining a healthy digestive system is vital. Ayurveda opens up a whole new world of revelations and realisations … revelations about the way your digestive system works with you as a whole, and realisations about many natural ways and remedies to help you take control of your body.
You will learn about:
- Metabolism, internal fire(s), the 14 fires (agnis) and their contribution to health
- How undigested food and emotions create and accumulate endotoxins (ama) in the mind-body
- Significance of the five winds (pancha vayus) and indications of disturbance (Prana Prakopa)
- Principles of expansion (brmhana) and contraction (langhana) and their effects on mind-body
- The channel system (srotas, nadis) and the principles of solar and lunar flows (surya and chandra) on mind-body
4. COOK, TASTE, HEAL - Practicum
Ayurvedic dietary principles, nutrition, cooking and Plant Medicine, the philosophy of natural living and healing - which presents the most comprehensive knowledge of nutritional treatment of disease (let food be your medicine and medicine be your food!)
- the principles of health which can be traced back to the Vedic period, including the energetics of food, right food combinations, frequency, right preparation, seasonal effect etc, which affect wellbeing and healing at physical, mental and spiritual levels
- Ayurvedic Kitchen pharmacy
- herbal therapy and herbal medicine
5. AYURVEDIC CONCEPT OF HEALTH AND UNDERSTANDING OF DISEASE
Disease is primarily caused because of the unwholesome conjunction of the senses, disregard of intelligence, or crimes against wisdom and poor self care, or self abandonment. You will learn about
- The role of the five elements, doshas and tissues and wastes in health and disease
- Six stages of disease (samprapti) - pathogenesis of disease
- Basics of Ayurvedic cleansing and detoxification
- Setting priorities to manage both acute and chronic symptoms through pacification (shamana) and purification (shodhana).
6. RELAX, REJUVENATE AND RESTORE: STRESS MANAGEMENT, AYURVEDA AND THE MIND
Your attention is a like a beam of energy and it affects whatever it is focused on. When your inner energy is disturbed by stress, imbalance lifestyle, mental blockage and so on, your body and life starts reflecting what’s underneath it onto the outside. If it's affecting your body, you'll start seeing bad signs on your skin or organs. If it's affecting your mind, you'll notice disappointments or failures in your life. But by connecting and raisingy our inner energy, you can actually heal quickly.
Most people spend more money on what they put on their head than they do in it. Yet it's what you've got in your head (or, more specifically, your subconscious mind) that is ultimately responsible for how your whole life turns out. Your subconscious, filled with ideas, images and beliefs of abundance leads to an abundant, wealthy, happy life full of opportunities and possibilities. Whereas, a subconscious filled with ideas, images and beliefs of lack leads to a life full of limitation, hopelessness and limited supply.
If you have problems with focus, ADD, anxiety, depression, addictions, obsessiveness, anger or memory problems, the study and practie of yoga and Ayurveda may completely change your life. It can help save your relationships, optimise school or work performance, and help you fight off anxiety and depression. Improve mood, focus, memory and overall success by optimising the physical (improve blood flow to the prefrontal cortex, the most human part of the brain) and emotional function of your mind and your life.
7. A BETTER LIFE: SELF CARE FOR HEALTHY LIVING APPLIED TO YOUR UNIQUE CONSTITUTION
Putting the whole pictutre opf diet and lifestyle together in applying Ayurvedic health, psychology, the spiritual aspects of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic yoga therapy to get well and stay well.
Ayurveda recommends daily and seasonal (each season has its own energetic signature) lifestyle to create health, harmony and longevity. We look at:
- Tools and therapies to treat symptoms, understand root cause, and establish goals.
- The foundation stones of nutrition, exercise and rest in building eating and lifestyle plans to support your health.
- Gentle Yoga, Meditation and Deep Relaxation sessions to remedy psychological and emotional issues
What conditions can Ayurveda treat?
Offering highly specialised and personally tailored rejuvenation programs based on Ayurvedic principles for conditions such as
- Feeling sluggish and tired a lot of the time, as if you are struggling to keep up
- Lack of energy and clarity of mind
- Unexplained weight gain
- Pain - joint pain, back pain, headaches
- Anxiety, depression, sleep disorders
- Cardio-vascular disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle cramps
- Circulatory problems
- Digestive disorders - wind, bloating, constipation, IBS etc
- Skin problems, acne, eczema, itchiness
Our detox retreat will help you get your system working efficiently. these health programs provide proven, long term health benefits.
Education and practices learnt lead to positive, reproducible, long-term, health-promoting changes:
- Lowered blood pressure
- Lowered heart rate
- Reduced cholesterol levels
- Diminished or extinguished acute and chronic pain
- Weight loss
- Increased breathing capacity
- Increased exercise capacity
- Improved restorative sleep
- Improved energy levels
- Increased creative capacity
- Diminishment of migraine headaches
- Significant reduction in stress and fear
- Elimination of irritable bowel syndrome
- Enhanced happiness and optimism
- Restore proper digestion. Promote regularity.
- Eliminate bloating, gas and shifting aches and pain.
- Cleanse your body of harmful pollutants and toxic chemicals.
- Produce more energy
- Build hormonal health: Overcome mood swings, low energy, cravings for sugar or salt, restless sleep, waning libido, weight gain, changes in skin tone.
- You’ll look and feel a whole lot better.
If you seek to enhance and improve your overall health, wellbeing and boost your immune system, the Ayurvedic rejuvenation and panchakarma detox programs offered here are ideal.
A seasonal detox is as essential as changing the oil and water in your vehicle. It is part of a healthy lifestyle and Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary offers the ideal 10 day program in the beautiful Beechmont mountains of South East Queensland. If you love the idea of a gentle, wholesome, yoga retreat coupled with natural approaches to mind-body health, our detox retreats are unsurpassed. The retreat is a unique and rare opportunity to bring mind-body balance, health and nourishment into your life. Immerse yourself in a natural environment conducive to peace, wellbeing and transformation.
- Learn The 4-part Healing Breath - a powerful tool to deepen your experience of the subtle energy layers, release stress and create flow in all areas of your life
- Enjoy guided practices in gentle, relaxing yoga, deep relaxation, meditation
- Be nourished with nutritious and tasty vegetarian food
- Optional Ayurvedic consultation for personalised advice
- Benefit from high grade, herbal supplements as per your individual body type, needs and tolerances to help clean you inside and out, and begin anew, free from heavy metal toxicity.
- Optional, effective treatments using 100% natural products. Our motto is ‘if you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin’.
- Education and motivation on implementing lifestyle and dietary changes
- A nutrition plan
- A cooking class with detox diet recipes
- Enter the sharing circle, with discussions on ways we deal with stress, energy and connection in our daily life.
This relaxing and rejuvenating program is a rare opportunity to renew your mind, body and spirit. It's a powerful and personalised program facilitated by well Nirvana's own resident Yoga and Ayurveda Health Practitioner, Shanti Gowans.
What is Ayurveda?
Authentic, completely holistic health care, Ayurveda, the science of life and ancient healing practice from India, takes into account the physical and mental constitution, current health, imbalances and deficiencies of an individual in order to treat the underlying cause of ailments. Emphasizing internal cleansing, detoxification, mind-body realignment, and rejuvenation based on herbs and natural foods, Ayurveda, together with yoga, meditation, food and medicines with herbal knowledge, massage and bodywork coalesce to create a complete rejuvenation experience.
A typical Ayurvedic consultation and rejuvenation program at detox retreat consists of:
- 1-to-1 health evaluation designed to determine the present stamina, energy level, constitution and general health of your body-type.
- A treatment program which can include: dietary, nutritional and lifestyle advice, herbal supplements, breathing practices, exercise, yoga therapy, meditation and therapeutic body treatments such as Ayurvedic or other massage.
- The Bodywork and applications are natural and smooth, not invasive or painful.
- Special dietary suggestions with appropriate meals.
- Practical training: yoga, meditation, deep relaxation, cooking.
- Detoxification and healing, in accord with the body's needs.
- Our team at Nirvana Natural Wellness Sanctuary is led by world renowned yogi, spiritual teacher and living meditation master, Shanti Gowans. Born in Bangalore, India, and trained from childhood, Shantiji is a master of the traditional wisdom and techniques of Yoga and Ayurveda, as well as in the system of philosophy and psychology on which such techniques are based. Shanti will truly inspire and motivate you towards an exceptional life. Remember it only take's one person to change your life. Come and meet that one person.
Detox: Purification to Rejuvenation
Detox, short for detoxification, is the removal of potentially toxic substances from the body. Although detox is primarily thought of as a treatment for alcohol or drug dependence, it is also a term used in alternative medicine to refer to diets, herbs, and other methods of removing environmental and dietary and other toxins from the mind and body towards general health and wellbeing. We conduct two main group detox residential retreats a year in July and September, with diet, herbal medicines and treatments that cleanse the seven tissue channels in the body. There is also the option of a personal 10 day detox during the January and Easter retreats.
How do toxins accumulate in the body?
Toxins enter our body through the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and even through our skin. Excess stress hormones make it more difficult for our bodies to lose the fat we are trying to get rid of. Yeast can also overload our bodies with toxins that cause our immune systems to work overtime. Inflammation sets in, leading to inflammatory weight gain. This is a simple fact of life. Additionally, exposure to processed foods, prescription and over-the-counter medication, alcohol and pollution in the air can really take their toll on our bodies, particularly our digestive systems. Our native ancestors had access to pure air and clean foods that helped keep the waste their bodies produced moving swiftly and efficiently out of their system. However, today your system can easily become clogged with toxins and metabolic waste.
Why should I attend an Ayurvedic detox?
You were born with everything you need to heal yourself. After millions of years of evolution, your body is equipped for any challenges which comes its way: germs, cancer cells, you name it. But a huge, profit-driven medical establishment has been built around healing from the outside in, instead of inside out. The power of self-healing, starts with detox. Nirvana Wellness detox retreats empower you to get well and stay well. It works on balancing the elements, tissues and wastes in the body by mainly these methids:
• Diet (ahaar)
• Lifestyle (vihaar), including yoga, breathwork and meditation
• Medicines (aushadh)
• Detox (panchakarma)
What is panchakarma?
Panchakarma (detox), is an intensive, rich experience that leaves both the mind and body feeling cleansed, relaxed and rejuvenated. Recognising that many illnesses result from the build-up of toxins in the body that impair the functioning of its natural defences (lymph, circulatory and immune systems, together with respiratory and elimination systems), panchakarma promotes healing and restoration by eliminating the cause of toxins from the channel systems in the body. Unlike other detoxification programs, panchakarma is a gentle process that achieves deep cleansing without discomfort, and allows rejuvenating energy to flow freely through the body. Panchakarma is Ayurveda's powerful five-step detoxification therapy consisting of a series of massage and cleansing treatments which are used to release the physical and emotional toxins stored in the body.