Corporate Wellbeing Services
Success Without Stress
Workplace stress has real consequences, which meditation techniques can alleviate. Learn about the warning signs of serious stress, how mindfulness and health are connected, and why relaxation can improve productivity.
This program focuses on teachable management skills to learn and practice, and touches on the detriments of allowing workplace stress to fester; mindfulness, practicing affirmations, exercise and eating right as powerful stress-relieving tools; and how to focus on the present moment rather than future battles.
Participants will learn:
• To manage stress, which is estimated to be responsible for between 70 and 80% of all doctor visits (more than a minor issue!), as well how to combat the consequences of negative stress.
• How to overcome the signs and symptoms of dealing with significant workplace stress including tardiness, bossiness, gossiping, and more.
• What to do about workplace stress, and how to use practices and techniques such as meditation, mindfulness, game playing, and more to combat it
• How to use visualisation to escape stress; clear the everyday consumption of processed foods and artificial sweeteners that negatively impact moods; and break the power of cues that provoke stress
• Progressive muscle relaxation and gentle yoga exercisesthat can be done in the workplace to help employees decompress in their downtime.
The word 'yoga' comes from the Sanskrit root 'yug' which means 'to yoke': like bullock are yoked to a cart, the mind and body are yoked by awareness to the cosmos. Yoga has evolved over throusands of years to embrace a wide range of styles and disciiplines. Shanti Yoga is a holistic, gentle and effective practice that has evolved to suit most people in terms of wellbeing for physical and mental health. It has been proven to lower blood pressure, increase digestive health, mobility, reduce pain and help people sleep better. Shanti Yoga is for all ages, from children to seniors. It energises the body, calms the mind, improves empathy and communication and let's the soul rest in it's spirit.
- Developing awareness
- Disciplined listening
- Understanding emotional intelligence
- Relating to the big picture
- The art of asking questions
- Creating safety and confidence
- The power of silence
- Enforcing accountability
- Striving for the greater good
Shanti Gowans is the globally recognised author and founder of Shanti Yoga™, Meditation and Ayurveda for the self, family and community.
Shantiji has brought the concepts and practices of a healthy body and a still mind to thousands of Australians through her Yoga and Meditation programs on national television... Read more about Shantiji's biography
Travel with Shanti & Peter Gowans this November for a trip of a lifetime.