Belonging and Volunteering:
Be of service. Mentor. Make a difference
Volunteering and kitchen sink dharma at Shanti Yoga provides you the opportunity to practice karma yoga, selfless action. This forms the foundation of spiritual life. It is a great way to get involved, develop an authentic experience of non-attachment via the art of selfless giving, make a difference to your own wellbeing and benefit others. We can probably find an outlet for whatever your skill or knack. Email our volunteer coordinator with your thoughts about how you can plug in if you're interested in being listed for open, ongoing positions. We also always have stand alone projects that need to be done as well.
We encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- The ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise.
- High ethical standards in business and professions and the the worthiness of all useful occupations.
- The dignifying of each member's occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service in each member's personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional members united in the ideal of service.
VOLUNTEERING AT NIRVANA WELLNESS SANCTUARY
A holistic retreat at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary will heal, renew and inspire you, with it's focus on providing you with new perspectives, strong connections, and a greater meaning of life. Nirvana has rich roots that combine Eastern mystical (Yoga, Ayurveda, Buddhist) practices together with spiritual awakening through nature. It encompasses:
- A rich environment that supports a retreat tradition, culture, and harmony
- Relaxation through guided and non-guided activity
- A historical past that leads to its current spiritual culture
- Within a serene, remote area for meditation, yoga, and other spiritual practices
- Natural habitats and activity that connect you to the earth.
If you have fully attended 4 retreats at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary, you will have the experience and skills necessary and are invited to apply as a volunteer. Please understand that this is a privilege, and not everybody will be suitable. Duties will be to assist with food preparation, set up for meals, tidy up and washing up in the kitchen, pantry, serving and dining areas, garden duties, accompany participants for nature walks and so on. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Touch the Earth - Volunteer garden days at Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary.
• Ayurveda Australia
• Bollywood Australia
• The Meditation Institute
• Health Institute Australia
• Nirvana Wellness Sanctuary
• Shanti Yoga™
19-30 April 2016, Tues - Sat. 12 days, 11 nights
Volunteers work program at Lautoka, Fiji:
The work to be done:
Construction of a small cook house with local assistance, 20 mins drive from Lautoka.
Start around 7am. Return mid afternoon.
No work Sat & Sun.
Depart Tu 19 Apr 2016 GC to Nadi JQ125, 10:30am. Arrive 15:50/3:50pm
Return Sat 30 April Nadi-GC JQ126 Dep 1645/4:45pm -18.55/6:55pm
Accommodation: Westin, Denarau Island (5 star), or Club Fiji Resort (3 star).
Please book direct with Jetstar and accommodation at either Club Fiji or Westin.
Happy to help.
Come, join us.
Optional activities (self funded) for those not partaking in construction and on Sat & Sun can include:
• Day trip to Malolo Island on the Quickcat, 50 minute ride to Resorts on Malolo Island with Lunch at Musket Cove Resort. Activities on Island can include swimming, snoozing on beach under Palm trees or beach walk, round the island
• Trip to the Highlands to view Gardens of the Sleeping Giant (specialising in orchids)
• Trip to Nadi to see South Indian Temple, Namaka Markets and Jacks Emporium
• Shopping expedition and lunch at Lautoka, Suva…depending upon how we feel about leaving our paradise home
• Golf at Denarau Island Golf Course
• Fishing boat trip and para glide (behind speed boat)
Health Institute Australia
Australian Government Registered Training Organisation No. 30834
CRICOS Provider No. 03098E